Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Livie Lou at 3 1/2




Miss Olivia Chaliese is getting bigger and bigger. I really can't believe she will be 4 this summer, but she won't let me forget and reminds me all the time that it will be her birthday soon and she will be 4.

She amazes me everyday with the things she is able to reason out, say and do. She is so smart that it frequently shocks me. Grandma brought some toys over for her the other day, just little stuffies that she cut off from an old baby swing that doesn't work. She had brought 3 over the night before and 3 next day. Olivia takes them from her and without a second breathe says "I had 3 animals Grandma and you brought me 3 more so now I have 6." I think math will be her strong subject.

She loves elephants. She loves most animals (still doesn't like snakes) but she REALLY loves elephants.

Tells Casey and I that she is going to work at the "big zoo" (Hogle Zoo) when she is bigger so she can play with and take care of all the animals. But we can't play with the tigers, because tigers are mean. And we can ride the elephants because they like that. And I can feed the giraffes because those are my favorite. I love her.

Lou has recently fallen in love with the cartoon Team Umizoomi. They are pretty cute and go around solving problems with math. Math, so of course my daughter loves it. These Umizoomis have become a big part of our lives though because they are now Olivia's imaginary friends that she runs around with all day. She is constantly talking about Millie, Geo, and Bot and will be frequently talking with them, using mighty math powers to solve problems around the house, playing hide and seek, and the list goes on. She tells all her teachers about them, in Primary, tumbling, and dance. They also go with her to these activities but sometimes Olivia has to kick them out because they are not being reverent or listening. There is one episode were Geo falls (okay, he really just sits down but let her think what she wants) and she thinks it is HILL-ARRR-lious. And she says it like that... "When Geo falls, (giggle giggle) it is HILLLLL-ARRRR-lious!!!" I have never said my daughter is not entertaining.

We went out to dinner the other night (celebrate tax returns!) and Casey, like always, was teasing Miss Lou Lou. Olivia told him "Dad, stop arresting me!" We were all laughing, and finally figured out that she was trying to say "Stop harassing me!" I like her version better. That same dinner outing she told us "these are the best fries in town!" Way to go Red Lobster, didn't know you were so famous for your fries.

Says her favorite songs are "Baby" by Justin Bieber and "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO. She sings them all the time and knows way more of the lyrics then I think she should but it sure is cute when she starts to sing with Ludacris "When I was 13, I had my first love."

This summer Olivia is so excited to ride horses with Papa. My parents do not have horses but there are horses all around our house. She has a few picked out as "her" horses. We'll see if Papa is able to work it so she can ride those special ones. She also has decided she wants to ride a "donk," short for donkey. She is all about shortening words.

Loves primary. I love to peek in at her while they are all singing. She is so dang cute and looks so grown up sitting there so good in her chair with the other kids. I was a little worried about her transitioning to primary because, surprisingly, she is so shy around other people but she did great the very first Sunday. It probably helps that she has a great teacher, Sister Lacey. She is great and always has some awesome little thing to send home with the kids each week that goes along with the lesson.

Still has a baby elephant and baby kitty in her belly. She says they will be coming out sometime around Easter (coincidence with the baby in my belly?? I think not). Along these same lines, she tells me that she can't do certain things, like pick up her toys, because they baby elephant and baby kitty in her tummy make her so tired. They also make her back hurt. Do I complain that much???

Olivia has been a great big sister lately, which I have really needed. Callen absolutely loves her and follows her around all day which she is really starting to like. I love it when the house is quiet and I go check on them and they are in her bed reading books together or on the floor coloring together or playing with blocks together. She tells me that Callen is her little brother and that Carson is going to be her little bother.


Still loves apple juice, cheese, noodles, and chicken nuggets and takes one nap a day (or most days).

Still my independent, sassy, sweet, smart, loving little girl that I am so blessed to have.

2 comments:

KJ said...

Oh my silly Louy!!! She is so cute:)

Unknown said...

I just love her. She is soo funny!