Saturday, July 24, 2010

Big Girl Bed and Swimming

When we moved into our new house we decided it would be a good time to move Olivia into a big girl bed. I was a little worried about putting her into a bed because I thought she would get out of it and play instead of sleep but she has done great!! She actually won't get out of it until we go in her room and get her. Kind of funny because we never told her she had to stay in her bed.

I did put a little railing on the open side so she wouldn't fall out. My father-in-law says it must be jacked up Thompson genes if she falls out of bed because none of his kids ever did; I think I am just a worry wart and don't want to hear my baby thump on the floor in the middle of the night!

But she LOVES her bed!! She loves to go play in her room and go down her "slide," which is what she calls the railing when I have it down. Doesn't she look so tiny in her bed?? Ahh, my little girl is getting too big too fast!!!! (And a big THANKS to Grandpa and Grandma Payne for giving the bed to Olivia for her birthday present!)


A few weeks ago my parents went up to Indian Springs for a few night with the camper. Lou and I decided we would go up that Saturday and join them for some swimming. I didn't get too many pictures but doesn't she look so cute in her little suit??? And let me tell you, as a 7 1/2 month pregnant lady, I looked pretty cute too (don't worry, I am not going to scare you with any pictures of that!). She liked swimming though. She was a little nervous and wanted to sit in her little floaty tube thing the whole time but she still had fun. Grandma even took her down the slide once. I wish I had a picture of her face before she went down. She was trying to be so brave but you could tell she was scared to death!!! We tried to have her wear those little floaty things that go on your arms but she didn't like that too much. We even called them swimming bracelets to try to get her to wear them. It didn't work. Oh well, they were only $2.

After swimming Grandma and Grandpa took Lou to look at the fish and the tadpoles in the little stream around the campgrounds. She liked that. They liked it too. Olivia has those two wrapped so tight around her little finger it is slightly disturbing. My mother informs me that Olivia is not spoiled by them "just loved extra lots." At least I know she is loved. And it is a cute picture.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Olivia's big girl bed is so cute!

Cute pic's with her Grandparents!!

Jeremy and Ruth said...

Your so lucky she stayed in her big girl bed! karver didnt AT ALL!! He still sleeps on the floor and we have had him in it for 4 months or so! GOOD JOB OLIVIA! :)

Elise said...

She does look so little in her big girl bed. I remember thinking the same thinking when we first put Mylee in hers. She's a cutie! Hope your pregnancy is going well and hope you feel great. Can't wait to see your little guy!